- Smashing Magazine usually visually beautiful & often useful
- Adaptive Path employee blogs, conference videos, conference downloads, podcasts, the list goes on.
- Boxes and Arrows articles & discussions
- User Interface Engineering academic tack
- Use It I've always liked this site's plain Jane approach
- Ask ET articles & discussions lead by Edward Tufte
A sampling of the kinds of articles a UX designer might read:
Top ten info architecture mistakes Avoid bad “flow”
Article on meganavigation menus They’re big & they work
Information seeking modes Sure, you've thought about how users find something...but how do they find it again? Information seeking models for search.
Tufte’s article on labeling images Direct labeling is better then any kind of mapping
Behavior around system response time good for knowing when to have a spinner & when users will start multitasking
Making design patterns all web companies should have a style guide or page templates at minimum, but whipping one ups isn't exactly easy. Some pitfalls to avoid.